This complete guide covers everything the owner of an easy-keeper horse or pony needs to know about feeding their food efficient or laminitis-prone equines. Although the basic ‘rules’ of horse nutrition apply to feeding easy-keepers, there are many practical challenges to overcome. This guide helps to explain the what, why, when and how!
- How much food does your horse need?
- Water requirements
- Body condition scoring ponies
- Choosing hay
- Do I need to hard feed?
- Which supplements are really necessary?
- Meeting protein requirements
- Safe weight loss
- Managing body condition at pasture