Melox is a blend of complementary antioxidants and probiotics to aid in enhancing performance during heat and environmental stress. Antioxidants are a vital part of the animal’s immune system, working to neutralise free radicals and prevent tissue damage in horses, poultry, cattle, sheep and goats.
Antioxidants are most effective when they work together. Farmalogic Melox contains scientifically balanced levels of:
- Natural-sourced Vitamin E – a powerful antioxidant with high bioavailability which protects cell membranes from the harmful free radicals that arise during intense exercise, injury, illness and heat or transport stress.
- Vitamin C – has a role in maintaining healthy cartilage, tendons and bone. It stabilises free radicals inside and outside of cells, preventing them from causing further damage. Vitamin C also recycles other antioxidants, particularly Vitamin E.
- Pure Organic Selenium – selenium has a role in preventing cellular oxidation especially on the surface of cells and is significantly more bioavailable in the organic form.
- Plant-derived superoxide dismutase (SOD) – an antioxidant enzyme which stabilises free radicals within cells, particularly in the liver, kidney, brain, heart and muscle tissue. SOD may be effective in reducing tissue damage and inflammation though its antioxidant effect and ability to reduce levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines and neutrophil infiltration.
Melox is recommended for use during:
- Smoke inhalation
- Heat stress
- Breeding (boosts fertility)
- Illness or injury
IN HORSES, Farmalogic Melox should be used for:
- Helping manage toxins from smoke inhalation
- Boosting the immune system in horses with a runny nose
- Support for horses with airway/respiratory disease
- Protection of muscles during intense exercise
- Reducing the impact of stress during hot weather and transport
- Supporting the healing process following injuries or surgery
- Improving semen quality in breeding stallions
- Providing older horses with a vitamin C boost
- Can be used in conjunction with Farmalogic Rejuvenate to support beneficial gut microbes during times of heat stress, smoke inhalation, intense work, injury or illness, and stress.
IN POULTRY, scientific research has proven that the antioxidants and prebiotics in Farmalogic Melox can:
- improve fertility
- Increase hatch rates
- improve antioxidant status
- boost the immune system
- increase resistance to heat and environmental stress.
Add Farmalogic Melox to feed or water when transporting or showing birds, during breeding season, moulting, changes of weather and at the onset of illness.
FOR SHEEP, CATTLE & GOATS:
Farmalogic Melox provides ruminants with the antioxidants and probiotics needed to:
- Improve resilience to heat stress
- Improves semen quality and quantity
- Aid recovery from transport & exercise
- Reduce somatic cell count
- Boost the immune system.
Use at breeding, birth, weaning, vaccinating, during hot weather, when disease is present and when stocking density is high.